Bachelor | IBAT College
The general aims of this business degree course are to provide the learner with:
- a systematic understanding and detailed knowledge of global business organisations, concepts relevant to their management, the global and economic environments in which they operate, and issues relevant to innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
- the ability to conceptualise, devise, modify and/or apply analytical frameworks appropriate to international business management, in order to devise strategy and exploit current and future opportunities within particular contexts.
In accordance with the IBAT College Dublin’s mission, the programme aims to develop the learner’s ability to understand concepts, apply academic rigour and appraise critically the issues involved in the study of contemporary business and the management of organisations, and stimulate creativity in the development of workable solutions.
On completion of this programme, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge and a systematic understanding of the key issues involved in the management of a range of international business functions (including accounting and finance, economics, legal affairs, marketing and human resources), recognise their interrelationships, and their applications to practice within the global business environment.
- Apply a variety of conceptual frameworks and tools to critically analyse complex problems that occur within global business organisations in changing environments, and develop and/or appraise business policies and strategies, including those about sustainability, to meet stakeholder interests.
- Appraise the role of data management, business intelligence and research within an organisation, and how the management and exploitation of information supports impacts functional business areas, strategic decision-making, competitive advantage, and the attainment of international objectives.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills, self-motivation and analytical abilities through an investigation of specific business problems, the identification of opportunities and alternative solutions, and the production of strategically-focused business plans and reports.
- Critically evaluate and apply work-relevant concepts associated with the operational and strategic management of organisational resources, including financial, human and physical elements.
Career Prospects for the BA (Hons) in International Business Studies
Graduates of the BA (Hons) in International Business Studies can move into a variety of roles within the International Business sector. Business and management graduates have a broad range of abilities, knowledge and skills which makes them attractive hires for any prospective employer. Successful completion of this programme may lead to employment, in an administrative capacity, in areas such as general business; HR/personnel; management consultancy; public relations; retail management; and marketing. The programme additionally will prepare learners for trainee roles leading to management in business areas.
This programme is accredited by University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Duration of the BA (Hons) in International Business Studies course
4 years, part-time evening course, 2 evenings per week
Entry Requirements and Application Process
- A minimum of two C3s in higher-level subjects and four D3 in ordinary-levels subjects in the Leaving Certificate, including English and maths, are required.
- Mature students (aged 23 and above on the 1st of January on the year of admission) who do not meet the minimum academic entry requirement may also apply and will be assessed on the basis of age, work experience and any other training or development programmes completed.
- An IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent is required for non-native English speakers.
Through IBAT College’s RPL policy, prospective students may be eligible for advanced entry onto this degree course. Any RPL application should be made directly to the College